Are you traveling for the holidays this year? If your travel plans are taking you up in the air, make the trip more enjoyable by reducing the stress of your airport experience.
Before you embark on your big vacation, read these travel hacks including packing tips, apps to help track flight prices, ways to streamline your security experience and more.
- Find cheap flights with these apps:
Skiplagged – Show you hidden-city ticketing options to get you a flight for up to 50% less.
Hopper – Predicts upcoming price trends.
- Has your flight fare lowered since you booked? Contact the airline — some will give you the difference back in airline credit.
- Skip long security lines. Apply for TSA Precheck ($85 for five years) to save time and stress. For international travel, apply for Global Entry ($100 for five years) to expedite the customs process. Fun fact: In February 2019, 92% of TSA Precheck passengers waited less than 5 minutes.
- Give up your seat for a travel voucher. If you’re not in a rush to get to your destination and you find yourself on an over-booked flight, let the ticketing counter know. They may offer you travel vouchers for giving up your seat.
- Long day of travel ahead? Head to the airport’s website to pre-book an airport lounge pass. Gain access to a quiet space with complimentary refreshments, magazines, WiFi, etc. There is an upfront fee, but if provides a relaxing start to your travels.
And one more pro tip: Email yourself a digital copy of your driver’s license and passport in case they are lost or stolen!
Whether you’re a frequent flyer or making your annual visit home for Christmas, we hope these tips will help you spend less time stressing about the journey and more time enjoying your destination.